…is the one ‘L of a difference. And…
- It’s BTL’s Worldview — we were created in love for love.
- It’s BTL’s Identity — we are loved.
- It’s BTL’s Principle — love others.
- It’s BTL’s Purpose — a labor of love called OPUS.
- It’s BTL’s Passion — we live to love, and love to live.
- It’s BTL’s Process — whatever you do, do it with love.
- It’s BTL’s Culture — ONEness of love.
- It’s BTL’s Character — etched in love.
- It’s BTL’s Competence — becoming masters of love.
And, it’s a choice, always a choice. Simple, not easy. It’s dangerous, and it takes courage.
“There is no safe investment. To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything, and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly be broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact, you must give your heart to no one, not even to an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements; lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness.”
— Taken from The Four Loves, by C.S. Lewis
You can choose not to love, but at great cost – you will live and die a lone.
Which isn’t the life you were designed for.
It just takes a little faith to be awakened, challenged and transformed — to be saved from slow death, from a lone toward all ONE.
Leaders are believers, and leaders are connectors. Take a minute and write what you’re thinking…and then, what baby step of faith you want to take.
Trinity: “What’s he doing?”
Morpheus: “He’s beginning to believe.”
— Scene from the Matrix
Embrace it. Live it. Love it (Thanks, Toto)…
2 thoughts on “Day 51 (Love)…”
Great words and vision John. Thanks for putting that together and putting it out there for us.
I love how Lewis makes such verbs out of loving and forgiving. They become things we can do, steps to take. This day made me think about those I know who hold onto anger, and those I know who work those love and forgiveness verbs in order to be them, to be at peace with themselves and the world.