Today was one of those good, long days. It started at 8:30am with a BTL team practice and ended with my daughter’s high school band concert just after 9pm. Not a minute wasted in between. I’m tired, the good kind. I don’t have much energy left, so I’ll just share a few Passions from my CORE that I experienced today and encourage you to keep track of yours and do them more than you think. I love…
- Deeply connecting with others.
- Making sense and order of chaos by finding the melody line, the subtle beat just below the surface.
- To play / challenge my mind and body, i.e. figuring out how to solve a problem, puzzle or skill.
- Learning about myself – what things I was born with, what were developed in me (positively and negatively) and working on how to combine the two to live out my OPUS.
- Good people. Those that are kind, thoughtful and who care about others just a little more than most.
- Integrity and honesty. These are two of the most important traits a friend of mine can have.
- The beauty in the everyday.
- Those who literally and figuratively dance from the heart.
- To be with others who are distinctly strong but deeply connected with me and have the courage to be the same.
- Imagination, inspiration, innovation.
- My wife because she challenges me.
- My kids because they inspire and believe in me.
- The diversity of my children.
- Helping others awaken and become more “fully alive”.
- Working outside, especially cutting grass that results in bold lines.
- Studying what really motivates someone to change their life for the better.
- Marching bands and orchestras.
- Crossword puzzles.
- The way Chet writes and tells stories.
That’s a lot of ‘love to’s…’ for one day… I am blessed. Love is the great elixir to living a fulfilling life. So live hard and love harder…
4 thoughts on “Day 117: The gold standard…”
I read this tired as well. Little league practice 1 with fourteen 7 year olds both drained the tank and filled the cup.
If you love trees, as I do, check out “The Overstory”. You’ll find even more life woven into a tale of trees…
I’ll check it out, thanks Jeff.
I’ve been reading your blog posts and this one really resonated with me. So many things to celebrate even on our busiest days!!
Thanks for the note, Nancy. Hope all is well with you, Troy and the family.