Here’s the latest rinse to my/our OPUS. The BTL band aligns just enough – same for family, friends, and clients. The road to clarity continues. Author and live yours, my friend. This rinse was inspired by the Orange line train into Chicago yesterday. You see, in close proximity to so many commuters heading to a life of a Monday, freakin’, perpetual Labor Day, I was reminded how blessed I am with the privilege of living a self authorized life of opus. Today, I reminded another that we’re on about the 14th hole of our work lives. I want him to finish with four birdies and an eagle. It’s in him, he’s just got to live everyday in alignment with what he’s written. So, friend, this rinse may be written for you.
“Our big dream is to whole heartedly and with deep seated humility, live our magnum opus along this highway of orange we call the Builder’s journey. Our aim is to become elite builders of elite individuals, teams, and leaders. We want to be tough, tender, and transformational. We want all willing to passionately engage in BTL practice, to experience being built. We want to grow old, but not tired, with a band of CORE centered builders, families, friends, and clients who love becoming BTL, who love each other, and who attempt to embody truth in LOVE. Our aim is, together,to transform a few individuals, teams, and leaders into ONE – together we improve. And, we want to inspire the next generation to build it even better. A life of mastery, not retirement, is our aim. Good…
“We Awaken, Challenge, and together we Transform a few individuals, teams, and leaders into ONE. ONE, distinct, deeply connected, and BTL.”
1. Master the 12 8 4 framework through daily discipline of study. Three hours/five days a week is the expectation. Study, learn, apply.
2. Write 6 days a week about BTL. Slow down and reflect.
3. Serve every client/builder with a singular focus on making them do what they can. Do not allow fear to stop me from challenging out of belief. Love the craft, the builder, and the client.
4. Prepare for every client practice as if they won’t grab the reins. And, every practice be open and encourage the client to take control. Embrace just this side of chaos. Understand the risks and repair or deal with the consequences.
5. Give more than take from every relationship.
6. Model the way, embrace pain and suffering, embody truth in Love.
7. Ask God for help. Ask friends for help. Ask family for help. Ask doctors for help. Ask my bride for help. Seek help humbly.
8. Create margin to laugh, love, and live in alignment with my CORE and toward OPUS. FM, baby…
Scorecard for Significance:
1. Seeing Family, friends, and clients taking the leap in pursuit of their self authorizing OPUS.
2. Receiving letters/emails/voicemails that surprise me with someone “getting it.”
3. Smiles, laughter, and tears from real, raw, practice toward becoming ONE.
4. Seeing teams get tired together, come together, serve together, and improve together. TWI in action.
5. Savor a client referring a potential client regardless the outcome.
6. Receiving a sincere challenge from a believer bent on making me better.
7. Giving the gift of a client to another builder.
8. Witnessing a Shannonball, Cali, David, Vinny, Jim, FD, Larry, young Kenny, Grappy, hypocrihopper, Keisha, Paul, Mark, Rich, Brian, Cbear, Lamb, Tommy, Timmy, Slo, Kyle, Mike, Robert, Ron, Ryan, and so many more, emerging as a systemwide leader through the gift of practice.
9. Seeing a sincere challenge from a teammate to his/her leader through the gift of practice, delivered ccd and met with acceptance, gratitude, and a willingness to let it in. Seeing laughter replace loathing. So cool.
10. Seeing builders build their business under the BTL brand.
11.Receiving an insight from practice that most missed but flipped the switch in me – flow, freakin’ magic.
12. Receiving an invitation to build from a loved one beside me.
Your labor of love is not merely about numbers, traditional metrics, or short term objectives. Your opus is aimed at significance, so it makes sense to have an additional scorecard, doesn’t it? Your labor of love is your life’s work and is aspirational in tone when you look at your overarching vision and dream big. And, when you look at your Sunday disciplines and the most productive PA for your week, it’s very focused and all about baby stepping your way forward. Dream and do, friend. Dream and do. I hope this gives those of you who asked to see my opus, something to think about. Look forward to talking with a few of you. As always the aim is not to imitate, friend – originate. Become the original you already are.