Here’s the latest rinse to my/our opus. The BTL band aligns just enough – same for family, friends, and clients. The road to clarity continues. Author and live yours, my friend. I am blessed with the privilege of living a self authorized life of core, opus, and pop (playbook of productive action). I am using these tools and making them my own. I am more clear today than yesterday. More of my yes’s mean yes and more of my no’s mean no. Remember, friends, hard opus you sustain as you perspire. Hard labor you disdain as you tire. You choose. Your choices have consequences. I’m choosing hard opus. Here it is…
Our big dream is to whole heartedly and with deep seated humility, live our magnum opus along this highway of orange we call the Builder’s journey. Our aim is to become elite builders of elite individuals, teams, and leaders. We want to be tough, tender, and transformational. We want all willing to passionately engage in BTL practice, to experience being built. We want to grow old, but not tired, with a band of core centered builders, families, friends, and clients who love becoming BTL, who love each other, and who attempt to embody truth in love. Our aim is together to transform a few individuals, teams, and leaders into ONE – together we transform. Always together. And, we want to inspire the next generation to build it even better (Doscher, Taylor? Rachael?, others?). A life of mastery, not retirement, is our aim. Good…
“Together we awaken, challenge and transform a few individuals, teams, and leaders from a lone toward all ONE – one L” of a difference. One, distinct and deeply connected, becoming BTL. Together we transform, always together.”
1. Master the 12 8 4 framework through daily discipline of study. Two hours/five days a week is the minimum expectation. Study, learn, apply.
2. Write 6 days a week about BTL. Publish rants 4 days a week is the minimum expectation. Slow down and reflect.
3. Serve every family, friend, client/builder with a singular focus on making them do what they can. Do not allow fear to stop me from challenging out of belief. Love the craft, the builder, and the family, friend, and client. Focus on those turned toward me.
4. Prepare for every practice as if they won’t grab the reins. And, every practice be open and encourage them to take control. Embrace just this side of chaos. Understand the risks and either repair or deal with the consequences.
5. Give more than I take from every relationship. I’ve got a long way to go to out give my Miss. So, so blessed beyond belief.
6. Live my bolted on principles – Model the way, embrace pain and suffering, embody truth in Love.
7. Ask God for help. Ask friends for help. Ask family for help. Ask doctors for help. Ask my bride for help. Seek help humbly.
8. Create margin to laugh, love, and live in alignment with my core and opus.
9. Live hard. Love harder (Thanks, Teeks)…
Scorecard for Significance:
1. Observe family, friends, and clients taking the leap in pursuit of their self authorizing core and opus.
2. Receiving letters/emails/voicemails that surprise me with someone “getting it.”
3. Smiles, laughter, and tears from real, raw, practice toward becoming One, distinct and deeply connected.
4. Seeing teams get tired together, come together, serve together, and transform together.
5. Savoring a client referring a potential client regardless the outcome.
6. Receiving a sincere challenge from a believer bent on making me better.
7. Giving the gift of a client to another builder.
8. Witnessing a Brett, Durp, Dub, Kevin, Nick, Gu, Pete, Doscher, Cali, David, Vinny, Jim, FD, Larry, young Kenny, Grappy, hypocrihopper, Keisha, Paul, Mark, Rich, Brian, Cbear, Joeylamb, Jiggles, Tommy, Timmy, Slo, Kyle, Mike, Robert, Ron, Ryan, and so many more, emerging as a systemwide leader through the gift of team practice.
9. Seeing a sincere challenge from a teammate to his/her leader through the gift of practice, delivered ccd and met with acceptance, gratitude, and a willingness to let it in. Seeing laughter replace loathing.
10. Seeing builders build their business under the BTL brand.
11.Receiving an insight from practice that most missed but flipped the switch in me – flow, freakin’ magic.
12. Receiving an invitation to build from a loved one beside me.
Your labor of love is not merely about numbers, traditional metrics, or short term objectives. Your opus is aimed at significance. So it makes sense to have an additional scorecard, doesn’t it? Your labor of love is your life’s work and aspirational in tone when you look at your overarching vision and dream big. When you look at your Sunday disciplines and the most productive PA for your week, it’s very focused and all about baby stepping your way forward. Dream and do, friend. Dream and do. I hope this gives those of you who asked to see my opus, something to think about. Look forward to talking with a few of you. As always the aim is not to imitate, friend – originate. Become the original you already are. Good.
Hard opus you sustain as you perspire. Hard labor you disdain as you tire. What are you choosing?
Live hard. Love harder (Thanks, Teeks)…